Every vendor wants their home to sell fast and achieve a top price. Well, it’s not just luck that makes that happen. It’s a combination of planning, knowledge, and work. So, here are some tips from Frinton’s newest estate agent, Pavey’s.Detach yourself from your home
Make minor repairs
Over the years, people collect an awful lot of junk. Try this: if you haven’t used it in over a year, you don’t need it.
- Rearrange your built-in storage
Buyers like to look in cupboards and wardrobes. If they are greeted with a mess, it will put them off.
- Consider temporary storage
Every home looks better to a buyer with a minimal amount of furniture, it may be a good idea to store some unnecessary items while the viewers are visiting regularly.
In a seller’s market, you can get away with selling a property in need of a few repairs. But in a buyers market, it can be the difference between getting an offer or not.
Make your home sparkle
- replace cracked tiles on floors and walls
- patch holes
- fix leaks in fencing
- fix all those little problems that have been there for ages. Like the door in the kitchen that doesn’t shut properly
- Consider giving your walls a fresh coat of paint (keep the colour neutral! A nice cream or white always goes down well.)
Cleaning your home for a potential buyer should go far beyond your usual cleaning routine.
- Clean windows inside & out
- Rent a pressure washer and spray walkways and exterior
- Clean out cobwebs inside and out
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks
- Polish chrome
- Wax Floors
- make sure towels in the bathroom are folded neatly
And finally, get a great estate agent to market your home to the right buyers!Pavey’s Estate agent Frinton provide a modern approach to traditional estate agency. With access to drone tours, the very latest marketing and applicant management software Pavey’s can put your home in front of the right audience.For advice or to discuss selling your home call us on 01255 879020Click here
to view our properties for sale.